Keep your dog safe during a hurricane
With the stormy season in full affect, we thought we would share some safety tips for keeping your pets safe during a hurricane. Preparation is key to ensuring the safety of your loved ones. Here are some tips for before and after the storm.
Before the storm
- Make sure their records and vaccines are up to date.
- Have current identification tags attached to their collars.
- Ensure that you have a pet carrier big enough for them to move around in.
- If you have to put your dog or pet in a shelter, call ahead to check for availability.
- Make sure you have enough dog food to last at least two weeks.
- Compile a safety kit that includes their food, medications(with instructions) and a favorite toy or bone.
- You can never be too cautious – life vest might save your dog’s life.
During the storm
- Stay calm.
- If venturing outside ensure your dogs are on leash and be on the look out for fallen power lines and trees.
- Try make your dog feels safe and secure.
For more helpful tips click here